We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Install Guide on Mac

I am preaching the PhalconPHP wonderfulness at work and trying to get these guys on the gravy train.

I am wondering if there is an installation guide for the Mac? They are having troubles installing it. I don't know how to use a Mac very well, the terminal is a lot different than Linux.

One of them would like to install it to integrate it with MAMP. I had no problem doing this on Windows or Debian Linux. Is there a walk through for a total newbie?

Check one of the threads in the forum where mac installation had been discussed: https://forum.phalcon.io/search?q=mac

The easiest way is installed via homebrew

$brew tap josegonzalez/homebrew-php
$brew search phalcon
$brew install php55-phalcon

Thanks you guys. He was able to get it going with Brew. His question to me was, he did all that yet it produced a *.so extension -- why not make those available like the windows DLL's are? Is something happening Im unaware of?

i hope someone make a video tutorial on how to set up phalconphp on mac (mamp/ampps)..