We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

[CentOS 6.6] Compilation error

Hi,

I am trying to install Phalcon on CentOS 6.6 and I am stuck at compiling Phalcon extension

Here is the log when running ./install

configure: creating ./config.status config.status: creating config.h config.status: executing libtool commands /bin/sh /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/libtool --mode=compile gcc -I. -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits/include -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits/main -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c -o phalcon.lo libtool: compile: gcc -I. -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits/include -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits/main -I/root/cphalcon/build/32bits -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function ‘zephir_fetch_static_property_ce’: /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c:6840: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘zend_read_static_property’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type /usr/include/php/Zend/zend_API.h:321: note: expected ‘char ’ but argument is of type ‘const char ’ /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function ‘zephir_update_static_property_ex’: /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c:6950: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘zend_std_get_static_property’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type /usr/include/php/Zend/zend_object_handlers.h:147: note: expected ‘char ’ but argument is of type ‘const char ’ /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c: At top level: /root/cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.zep.c:132080: error: ‘ZEND_FE_END’ undeclared here (not in a function) make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1

Output of php-config

php-config Usage: /usr/bin/php-config [OPTION] Options: --prefix [/usr] --includes [-I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib] --ldflags [] --libs [-lcrypt -lcrypt -ledit -lncurses -lgmp -lbz2 -lz -lpcre -lm -ldl -lnsl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt ] --extension-dir [/usr/lib/php/modules] --include-dir [/usr/include/php] --php-binary [/usr/bin/php] --php-sapis [cli cgi] --configure-options [--build=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --host=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --target=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --cache-file=../config.cache --with-libdir=lib --with-config-file-path=/etc --with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d --disable-debug --with-pic --disable-rpath --without-pear --with-bz2 --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --without-gdbm --with-gettext --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-openssl --with-pcre-regex=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg --with-kerberos --enable-ucd-snmp-hack --enable-shmop --enable-calendar --without-sqlite --with-libxml-dir=/usr --enable-xml --with-system-tzdata --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-pcntl --with-imap=shared --with-imap-ssl --enable-mbstring=shared --enable-mbregex --with-gd=shared --enable-bcmath=shared --enable-dba=shared --with-db4=/usr --with-xmlrpc=shared --with-ldap=shared --with-ldap-sasl --with-mysql=shared,/usr --with-mysqli=shared,/usr/lib/mysql/mysql_config --enable-dom=shared --with-pgsql=shared --enable-wddx=shared --with-snmp=shared,/usr --enable-soap=shared --with-xsl=shared,/usr --enable-xmlreader=shared --enable-xmlwriter=shared --with-curl=shared,/usr --enable-fastcgi --enable-pdo=shared --with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr --with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr/lib/mysql/mysql_config --with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr --with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr --with-sqlite3=shared,/usr --enable-json=shared --enable-zip=shared --without-readline --with-libedit --with-pspell=shared --enable-phar=shared --with-tidy=shared,/usr --enable-sysvmsg=shared --enable-sysvshm=shared --enable-sysvsem=shared --enable-posix=shared --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr --enable-fileinfo=shared --enable-intl=shared --with-icu-dir=/usr --with-enchant=shared,/usr --with-recode=shared,/usr] --version [5.3.3] --vernum [50303]

I searched and tried https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/issues/10101 but it didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks,

Hi mean

You tried following shell below

cd cphalon/ext
phpize
./configuration
make 
make install

Thanks Thien for prompt response. Really appreciated your input however, I searched and tried it already. It failed at "make" step

Out put of it shows

make

/bin/sh /root/cphalcon/ext/libtool --mode=compile cc -I. -I/root/cphalcon/ext -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/root/cphalcon/ext/include -I/root/cphalcon/ext/main -I/root/cphalcon/ext -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -c /root/cphalcon/ext/phalcon.c -o phalcon.lo libtool: compile: cc -I. -I/root/cphalcon/ext -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/root/cphalcon/ext/include -I/root/cphalcon/ext/main -I/root/cphalcon/ext -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -c /root/cphalcon/ext/phalcon.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o /root/cphalcon/ext/phalcon.c:835: error: ‘ZEND_FE_END’ undeclared here (not in a function) make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1

Hi mean

You tried following shell below

cd cphalon/ext
phpize
./configuration
make 
make install

Accepted
answer

Resolved by updating php using "yum --enablerepo=remi,remi-php56 install php"