We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

What Server Admin Panel?

Hi.

I'm trying to configure Phalcon on Cpanel, and I think I will explode. After some stupid errors fixed, when I finally can choose "Phalcon" in EasyApache, I get this error.

-- Begin step 'make' --

/bin/sh /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/libtool --mode=compile cc -I. -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/include -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/main -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext -I/usr/local/include/php -I/usr/local/include/php/main -I/usr/local/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/local/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/include/php/ext -I/usr/local/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/phalcon.c -o phalcon.lo mkdir .libs cc -I. -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/include -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/main -I/home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext -I/usr/local/include/php -I/usr/local/include/php/main -I/usr/local/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/local/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/include/php/ext -I/usr/local/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/phalcon.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o In file included from /usr/local/include/php/ext/spl/spl_iterators.h:27, from /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/kernel/main.h:25, from /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/phalcon.c:24: /usr/local/include/php/ext/pcre/php_pcre.h:29:18: error: pcre.h: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/local/include/php/ext/spl/spl_iterators.h:27, from /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/kernel/main.h:25, from /home/cpeasyapache/src/cphalcon-master/ext/phalcon.c:24: /usr/local/include/php/ext/pcre/php_pcre.h:37: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or 'attribute' before '' token /usr/local/include/php/ext/pcre/php_pcre.h:38: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or 'attribute' before '' token /usr/local/include/php/ext/pcre/php_pcre.h:44: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'pcre' make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1 !! 'make' failed with exit code '512' !!

But I guess you'll not help me with that. It's another problem with Cpanel. I knew that making web hosting service will not be easy but that's basically why I decided to pay so much for this Web Hosting panel (so much for guy who live in cheap country and have just one client for now). I thought there will be problems, but there are problems with almost everythin new what I'm doing. What is Server Control Panel, if every time I need to log into ssh to do something, except of creating new user.

What do you guys use?

Hi,

If I understand, you're trying to build a hosting offer that gives to your clients the ability to use phalcon framework.

I do not know CPANEL, but from what I have read about it, this panel do not use standard locations and that produce many messy installations ...

You can use ISPconfig, it's free, it has got also many functionalities and respect the standard file system. https://www.ispconfig.org/

There's an ISPconfig "bible" that you can buy for 5 bucks: https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

Otherwise, an extended guide to install ISPconfig on debian8 is alvailable here: https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

Yea man. If I would make it only for myself, I would go even for some Ajenti or something. But it's for clients too, so they need to understand what they see after log in. ISPconfig have interface like from Windows 95 era, so it's not really user friendly for beginners who don't really know what website really is.

It's really interesting that many hosting companies have their own control panels, but there is only about 20 panels available, and only about 3 or 4 commercial, when there is so many 'hates' on CPanel and Plesk.

BUT.

I finally found solution, I hope you guys will paste it somewhere in Docs. I found it here: https://thecpaneladmin.com/php-phalcon-module-for-cpanel-easyapache/#comment-256842

"yum install pcre-devel gcc make" - that's all. This guy got me again on some stupid fix.

Anyway if you have other suggestions "Where to go" from CPanel for easy framework set up please write.

once you have compiled phalcon and registred its corresponding php module, you're ready to go.