We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Status on Supporting PHP 7??

i'm waiting from long time to see performance between phalconphp and laravel on php7.. few days back i found out laravel improvement on php7.

Phalcon on PHP 5.6 is still faster than one of fastest PHP frameworks running on php 7: https://github.com/ndeet/pete

i have trouble of sleeping because of this php 7 support. I even checked if i can trade my soul :D

But yea, zephir is pretty awsome and worth trying ( if you still didnt do so ).

Let us know if you need any help Andrez, and thanks for the wonderful work !

//p.s sry for the spam

Well, eventually...when Phalcon support for PHP 7 lands, can we also expect performance improvements? I would expect some benefit for the PHP portion of our apps right?

edited Jan '16

Well, eventually...when Phalcon support for PHP 7 lands, can we also expect performance improvements? I would expect some benefit for the PHP portion of our apps right?

Yea thats right, mostly php portion of our apps. I guess only for framework there will be almost oa difference, like in some simple Hello World benchmarks there will be no diffrence. But in somoe more complex maybe more. But im not sure. I guess you can rewrite your php application to zephir application and it will be almost like your php application with phalcon supporting php7.