We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Uninstall Phalcon

Hi, I usually clone temporal repos in /tmp/, so i accidentally installed Phalcon in /tmp/cphalcon/build/64bits/modules.

Phalcon doesn't provide any documentation to uninstall and i only find "solutions" like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26233634/how-do-i-uninstall-phalcon (Only disables it) https://forum.phalcon.io/discussion/1924/update-uninstall-phalcon (Only removes a file, doesnt remove traces on PATH var, etc..)

¿How can a fully uninstall Phalcon?

Accepted
answer
edited Jan '16

Only one file like phalcon.so is created in folder /usr

for example : /usr/lib/php/modules/phalcon.so

All of need to uninstall is delete this file and disable module in php.ini

That's all

Other files not corresponding to phalcon, because are only result of your development (sites, applications, tmp files and folders etc.) :)

edited Jan '16

Other files not corresponding to phalcon, because are only result of your development (sites, applications, tmp files and folders etc.) :)

libtool: install: cp ./.libs/phalcon.so /tmp/cphalcon/build/64bits/modules/phalcon.so
libtool: install: cp ./.libs/phalcon.lai /tmp/cphalcon/build/64bits/modules/phalcon.la
libtool: finish: PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/sbin" ldconfig -n /tmp/cphalcon/build/64bits/modules
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
   /tmp/cphalcon/build/64bits/modules

So the message "Libraries have been installed in:" doesn't mean that there are some important Phalcon libs there?

Oleg tells the truth!

Nothing is installed in your system, unless you have your system in the /tmp folder :)

The "Libraries have been installed in:" means that they are created in that folder yes. but only in that directory. I suggest:

rm -Rf /tmp/cphalcon

remove the extension=phalcon.so from your php.ini files, and you have no traces of phalcon left

Regards André

@joyider i wanted to uninstall Phalcon because a thought it got installed(or at least some parts) in /tmp/. If i can remove the /tmp/phalcon dir, that's all what i needed.

Thank you, you 2 guys.