We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

How to use phalcon php with oracle database?

As the subject, i want to ask a question. How to update, insert and delete data when using oracle database?

Thanks.

just load the pdo for oracle and use the normal CRUD operations.

Look in the phalcon docs for info on the oracle class (cut'n'paste doesnt work on the ipad for some reason?)

Regards André

I can't use findFirst(array(....)) function and function Model->save or Model->update when using Oracle. Do you have some advice for me? thanks

Hello, I had the same problem but to contact the developer (very good person) and corrected this mistake but this version to the next you must update

git clone  git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/ext
git checkout 2.0.x
sudo ./install(edited)

I have solved several basic problems with Oracle anything I can help let me know. now I'm joining Oracle11 Phalcon2 + + Angular2

I using Phalcon on window 7 and Phalcon version 2.0.8, thanks.

Hello, I had the same problem but to contact the developer (very good person) and corrected this mistake but this version to the next you must update

git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git cd cphalcon/ext git checkout 2.0.x sudo ./install(edited)

Anyone have an example of phalcon php with oracle, please share to me. I want to do that. Thank so much.

If you manage to setup OCI8 driver, it shouldn't be a problem. So first try to setup propertly OCI8, Oracle Instant Client library and other dependencies and try it out with raw PHP (PDO). ] If that works, define db service in Phalcon with that config params.

Note: I'm talking here about Phalcon's PDO extended features (Phalcon\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Oracle) not Models, ORM, PHQL etc.

Docs: https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/api/Phalcon_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Oracle.html

edited Jan '16

So, with oracle, I can't using findFirst() function, it not support for oracle, right?

If you manage to setup OCI8 driver, it shouldn't be a problem. So first try to setup propertly OCI8, Oracle Instant Client library and other dependencies and try it out with raw PHP (PDO). ] If that works, define db service in Phalcon with that config params.

Note: I'm talking here about Phalcon's PDO extended features (Phalcon\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Oracle) not Models, ORM, PHQL etc.

Docs: https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/api/Phalcon_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Oracle.html

edited Jan '16

In version 2.09 this that mistake must upgrade to version 2.10 beta that is in there is this corrected that mistake and comes with FindFirst FindFirstBy commands and therefore the use webtools can not edit or delete. You must update

https://phalcon.io/es/download/windows

n version 2.09 this that mistake must upgrade to version 2.10 beta that is in there is this corrected that mistake and comes with FindFirst FindFirstBy commands and therefore the use webtools can not edit or delete. You must update https://phalcon.io/es/download/windows

I using Phalcon on window 7 and Phalcon version 2.0.8, thanks.

git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git cd cphalcon/ext git checkout 2.0.x sudo ./install(edited)

On linux env, everythings is ok(I mean I can use all function of phalcon with model, i can update, insert, delete... etc). If phalcon is better with linux, i'll change to linux to work with that. Thanks.

In version 2.09 this that mistake must upgrade to version 2.10 beta that is in there is this corrected that mistake and comes with FindFirst FindFirstBy commands and therefore the use webtools can not edit or delete. You must update

https://phalcon.io/es/download/windows

Download the correct dll in this section is much better to work with any application that linux is only more tedious installation of PDO_OCI let me know if you have any problems. But downloading the ddl in beta works

Thanks, but i tried to download phalcon 2.1.0 beta. It still not working.

I using: php 5.6.14 and download phalcon dll 2.1.0 for PHP 5.6.0, but findFirst return bool and can not using save function. Pls help me :(

Download the correct dll in this section is much better to work with any application that linux is only more tedious installation of PDO_OCI let me know if you have any problems. But downloading the ddl in beta works

You chose the correct version of the processor , so it can give the wrong recalls xamp dll 32 and 32 should be in accordance with a 32

So, with oracle, I can't using findFirst() function, it not support for oracle, right?

It's not about using ORM. My point was to use generic PDO interface for Oracle database. Then, you can build your own Models which will have required functionalities, for instance findFirst() method if that's what you want. Remember, working with "The big red" can be much different than working with plain MySQL. You'll need custom functions at some point anyway.

Linux is not that problematic for PDO_OCI support. It's always harder if you don't have expirience or skills though. BTW, if someone plans to go live with Phalcon + Oracle, it's best to just forget about M$ Windows in this combo. What would you say if the deployment requirement was to use HP UX? That's a good question actually, will Phalcon even compile on IA-64 architecture and on out-of-date system like HP UX.