We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Cannot install zephir on freebsd 10.2

I'm trying to install zephir on freebsd 10.2, but there are many problems. 1.The installation script is using bash, but freebsd is using csh by default, so that the installation cannot be done, I've changed csh to bash and it works. 2.Zephir needs gcc to compile parser, freebsd 10 is using clang by default, I've installed gcc 4.8, but it's still have problems with make. I doubt that the makefile of Zephir is incompatible on freebsd. 3.I haven't finished the installation yet, so that I've no chance to test building extension for php7 on freebsd 10.2.

Anyone can help me, Zephir is a great project, I really want to try it on freebsd, our projects are working on freebsd.

Accepted
answer

Ok, I got it, it works. The problem on freebsd is coused by C compiler and csh, change them to Gcc and bash. thanks for zephir team.

And I've tested building extension for php7 on freebsd, it works fine.

can you tell me how to solve it? thank you!

Ok, I got it, it works. The problem on freebsd is coused by C compiler and csh, change them to Gcc and bash. thanks for zephir team.

What is your problem? I installed Gcc 4.8 and Bash, and changed the scripts of zephir to use my new path of Bash, then it works fine.

Thanks for your reply! I fix it by install gcc,bash, and link bash to /bin/bash, also change file Libary/Compiler.php, delete the make option '--silent', this make option crash the process when zephir try to compile parser module.

What is your problem? I installed Gcc 4.8 and Bash, and changed the scripts of zephir to use my new path of Bash, then it works fine.