I do not have access to this server to change root path and i have to do this via htaccess. However i failed miserably so far. Here is what i'm trying to do:
- example.com/public/ should redirect to example.com
- example.com/public/page-title should redirect to example.com/page-title
- example.com/server-folder-1/server-folder-2/ should redirect to example.com
- example.com/server-folder-1/server-folder-2/page-title should redirect to example.com/page-title
- example.com/server-folder-1/server-folder-2/public/ should redirect to example.com
- example.com/server-folder-1/server-folder-2/public/page-title should redirect to example.com/page-title
I tried with different redirects both in root and public htaccess but cant seem to get it working.. I have a strange feeling that something is messed up with the server.