We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Error: This command should be invoked inside a Phalcon project directory

when I use devtools and muitiple modules,catch the error "Error: This command should be invoked inside a Phalcon project directory ",who known it?

cd /root/of/my/project

and run the command again. The Phalcon Dev Tools should be used in the root of your project.

thank you,it ok

In case someone else has this problem, make sure that there's empty .phalcon file in the root of the project.

Thanks!

In case someone else has this problem, make sure that there's empty .phalcon file in the root of the project.

thanks!

Solved my issue, thanks!

After adding the .phalcon file I am getting following error:

Error: Unable to write to /APP_DIR/models/MyModel.php

I am running Debian on Vagrant if that matters.

edited Aug '15

Thank you man :D

I fixed it by add a folder, not a file, names ".phalcon" in root dir of project.

This is what solved it for me too. I had the .phalcon file and it did not work, changing ti to a folder fixed the issue.

I fixed it by add a folder, not a file, names ".phalcon" in root dir of project.

edited Jun '17

I had a different issue causing the same problem - but one totally of my own making. I knew I needed to specify the output directory but instead of using the

--output= switch I'd used the --directory= switch

faceslap: Hopefully this'll help someone else making this stupid mistake and also teach me to read the documentation more closely!