We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

phalcon install to different server

Hi to all, I start working on project which is using phalcon. Communication with server support is really bad, I don't have access (client don't have it) to server etc.

I get all data from server image (debian 7.7), but I'm not linux fan so I don't know how to get all information I need to manage new server.

I already upload web content and database. But I'm lost with phalcon version, installed extension's etc.

Is there anyone who could help me with starting point? Is there specific place where phalcon install all extensions he used, it's verision etc? As I wrote I have image the whole server, but don't know where to look.

Thank you very much for any help, Pavel

Accepted
answer

Hi!

If i understand you right i recommend you to start from phpinfo - You will see php version and all php's modules with his version.

But our experience said that better way to pay some money to administrator - everyone must do that what he know.

Thanks. You are right... but this is kind of problem. I send him a question about information I posted here and 14 days no answear. So, I'm looking for different way to figure it out.

Hi!

If i understand you right i recommend you to start from phpinfo - You will see php version and all php's modules with his version.

But our experience said that better way to pay some money to administrator - everyone must do that what he know.

edited May '16

You should really read this: https://phalcon.io/en/download

So what you want to achieve is to have a working GNU/Linux (Debian Wheezy in your case) system, then to SSH into it, and then follow the instructions to compile Phalcon from source found in a link above.

Your right... as long as I read the documentation and other things I can't manage movement to new server without access to current server.

Thanks for answers.