We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

How to add attributes to options in select?

hi all. maybe somebody know how to add an attribute to options in select element?

edited Jul '16

When generating the element:

$options = [
    'disabled' => 'disabled',
    'style' => 'border: 1px solid red;',
    'class' => 'input-sm'
];
new \Phalcon\Forms\Element\Select('input-name', $values, $options);

In volt you can add array with options to .render() method.

{{ field.render([
    'class' => 'input-sm'
]) }}

UPDATE: Oh, wait a sec! You are asking if you could add attribute to the <option> not to the <select> element? If so please confirm so i can remove above answer :)

edited Jul '16

When generating the element:

$options = [
   'class' => 'input-sm'
];
new \Phalcon\Forms\Element\Select('input-name', $values, $options);

In volt you can add array with options to .render() method.

thx, i know about this, but i need method to add different attributes to optinons. somethink like this:

$element->addOption(array('id'=>'1', 'name'=>'One', 'class'=>'test', 'img'=>'../img/test.jpg')); $element->addOption(array('id'=>'2', 'name'=>'Two', 'class'=>'test2', 'img'=>'../img/test2.jpg'));

edited Jul '16

Yes, yes ! After i read your question 3 times i realised what you are asking. Sorry!

I think your best option is to create your own select class like MySelect which extends Phalcon's Select and overwrite it's render() method.

You can check class methods here docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/api/Phalcon_Forms_Element_Select.html and also how to extend and create your own element.

Here is example where I created a custom form element with similar problem to yours:

class Recaptcha extends \Phalcon\Forms\Element
{
    public function render($attributes = null)
    {
        $config = loadConfig();
        $language = \Phalcon\DI::getDefault()->getSession()->language;
        $html = '<script src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js?hl='. $language .'"></script>';
        $html.= '<script>function recaptchaCallback() { document.getElementById("recaptchaTemp").setAttribute("value", "checked") }</script>';
        $html.= '<div class="g-recaptcha" data-callback="recaptchaCallback" data-sitekey="'. $config->sensitive->recaptcha->publicKey .'"></div>';
        $html.= '<input type="hidden" name="recaptchaTemp" id="recaptchaTemp" value=""/>';
        return $html;
    }
}

Lets hope someone else has a better suggestions then this :)

There is a bug for that:

https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/issues/899

Let's hope it will be fixed soon. I also need to disable certain options.