We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

PHP Data Representing

hi i want to learn php and elected Phacon to make my site up. i used to do with ASP.Net and C#. therefore i am know with WEB .

i have a question!! is there any component in phalcon as Detailsview.net, FormView.net ,Gridview.net (ASP.Net), or create them??

how to??

You can just use all css and html that there is. Phalcon is just all about backend. He only has helper for html tags Phalcon\Tag and something for displaying forms and volt template engine. Check docs. And also did you even know anything about php ?

No, there are no such things in Phalcon.

Also, if you come from .NET background I'd suggest you start out with basic PHP tutorials, so you know the differences between the two languages.

okay. thank you. an another question that remained, what are experessions equal to Gridview.net , Detailsview.net , etc in PHP??

No, there are no such things in Phalcon.

Also, if you come from .NET background I'd suggest you start out with basic PHP tutorials, so you know the differences between the two languages.

But PHP is about BACKEND, what you are asking are frontend things. Just bootstrap and things like this.

Perhaps the most convinient example would be that the PHP is what ASP.NET (ASPX) is in Micro$oft world. If you have used only Visual Studio, you'll have to realize that such IDE itself provided you lots of components to work with out of the box, so you might not see the clear difference between stack components. PHP is back-end application server (i.e. middle tier), and you need to build your HTML/CSS (frontend - UI tier), and to design and model your database schema (data tier).

The one important difference is that ASP.NET tries to combine the back end and the front end into one environment. PHP / Phalcon is entirely back end. It's a completely separate ecosystem from the front-end - HTML & CSS & JS.

The closest thing to Gridview.net or Detailsview.net would possible be some combination of a PHP class and an HTML template. Really though - there isn't one monolithic construct that could be equated to either of those - you'll have to make the back end code and the front end code separately.