We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon 3.0.x

Hi there,

I've seen on github that, now, there is a 3.0.x branch for phalcon framework.

I think a bit of communication about development roadmap, current stability status of 2.0.x, 2.1.x and 3.0.x branch will be really apreciate.

2.0.x is stable, no longer maintained 2.1.x is unstable, no longer maintained 3.0.x will be only one maintain branch and stable from 29.07, the change was made beacasue 2.1.x had too much changes(breaking bc too), we are going to semver etc

Thank you for your answer.

So, 3.0.x will be the next stable release. You are talking about backward compatibility issues. Between 2.0.x and 2.1.x or 2.1.x and 3.0.x ?

Between 2.1.x and 2.0.x, as i mention, 2.1.0 was never realased.

edited Jul '16

Thanks for the clarification @Jurigag I'm looking forward to the next major! Keep coding! ;]

edited Jul '16

Ok, thank you.

Maybe an announcement on the blog could be helpfull for phalcon users.

Note 1: I'm really happy with the 2.1.x branch

Note 2: didn't see this discussion https://forum.phalcon.io/discussion/12193/phalcon-framework-30-what-is-new-just-curious sorry

@le51 i'm guessing they are making the finishing touches. I'm sure they'll let us know when it's in RC state :]

edited Jul '16

2.1.x had RC state, 3.1.0 will be directly stable version, it's supposed to be 29.07.

unreleased 2.1.x has the same major version with 2.0.x and should be backwards compatibility, but infact it not? so upgrade the majon version to 3?

I found 3.0.x is going to merge to master :) Good news!

Scarry at first read, but at least Phalcon moves to semver too which is a huge improvment. Keep it up guys!

p.s.: yeah a blog post with like a line "2.1 will be released as 3.0 dw" would help alot :D

So any future pull requests should be made on 2.1.x or 3.0.x?