Phalcon Dev Tools 3 not working

The command phalcon migration generate is returning this error:

$ phalcon migration generate

Phalcon DevTools (3.0.0)

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Phalcon\Version\IncrementalItem' not found in /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Version/ItemCollection.php:76
  Stack trace:
  #0 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Migrations.php(103): Phalcon\Version\ItemCollection::createItem('1.0.0')
  #1 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Commands/Builtin/Migration.php(129): Phalcon\Migrations::generate(Array)
  #2 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(125): Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration->run(Array)
  #3 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(150): Phalcon\Script->dispatch(Object(Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration))
  #4 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/phalcon.php(88): Phalcon\Script->run()
  #5 {main}
    thrown in /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Version/ItemCollection.php on line 76

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Phalcon\Version\IncrementalItem' not found in /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Version/ItemCollection.php:76
  Stack trace:
  #0 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Migrations.php(103): Phalcon\Version\ItemCollection::createItem('1.0.0')
  #1 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Commands/Builtin/Migration.php(129): Phalcon\Migrations::generate(Array)
  #2 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(125): Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration->run(Array)
  #3 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(150): Phalcon\Script->dispatch(Object(Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration))
  #4 /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/phalcon.php(88): Phalcon\Script->run()
  #5 {main}
    thrown in /Applications/MAMP/phalcon-devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Version/ItemCollection.php on line 76

php -v shows version 7.0.8 and Phalcon 3.0.0 is loaded.

edited Aug '16

Which project skeleton are you using? You might want to try the dev tools 3.0.x tree as we are making a whole lot of changes there.

I only had the chance to try it today. The skeleton I am using is not the issue I believe because I tried to create a new project using the latest devtools and it still does not work.

I have also tried the 3.0.x tree, created a new project with it and then the migration command returns these errors:

$ phalcon migration generate

Phalcon DevTools (3.0.0)

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 134217736 bytes) in /Library/WebServer/phalcon-devtools-master/scripts/Phalcon/Version/IncrementalItem.php on line 62

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 134217736 bytes) in /Library/WebServer/phalcon-devtools-master/scripts/Phalcon/Version/IncrementalItem.php on line 62

Disabling memory limit in PHP makes it run forever and does not create the migrations.

Ok so we think that the migration is broken on 3.0. We will be able to fix it by around Wednesday next week (or so). For now try to do without that dev tools feature.