We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

A phalcon installed from remi_php_56 and remi_php_70 causes "child pid ##### exit signal Segmentation fault"

Hi again, I was playing around with different phalcon and php versions today and found this. I know it's recomended to install phpu-phalcon instead. Just wanted to let you know.

edited Sep '16

Remi what? immidieate segfaults usually points out to the wrong order of loaded extensions, i.e. PDO is loaded after Phalcon, while it needs to be loaded before etc.

Compile from source and see for yourself.

edited Sep '16

Remi's dedicated repos for php 5.6 and php7. Whell if I'm not mistaken pdo was installed when I installed phalcon as a dependency.

Yes I know it needs pdo, but I haven't this problem when I installed with phpu and I thought this should be handled automatically. Does it?

UPD: Yes it was:

Installing: php-phalcon3 x86_64 3.0.1-1.el7.remi.5.6 remi_php_56 2.4 M Installing for dependencies: php-pdo x86_64 5.6.26-1.el7.remi remi_php_56

edited Sep '16

I eventually compiled from source, It works like a charm. Then reinstalled it from remi-php56 (pdo left intact) - the same error. I'm looking for a way to automate installations with ansible which is much easier to do when you install from repo.

I guess, if I want it from repo I should reinstall whole php packages from phpu.

UPD. Didn't get about extensions order at first. Anyway, I've had 40-phalcon.ini and 20-pdo.ini.