Phalcon is a full stack PHP framework, delivered as a C-extension. Its innovative architecture makes Phalcon the fastest PHP framework ever built!
As many would know, working on an open source project rarely offers any rewards, other than the satisfaction that the project helps others with their work and projects. Often though, since this is not a source of income, time becomes a luxury to spend on the project and features or bugs take longer to be implemented/resolved.
In order to continue the level of development that created Phalcon we need your support to allow our lead developer Andres Gutierrez, to dedicate more time to the project, hopefully with your help work full time on it. This will allow us to improve vital aspects of the Phalcon project such as Zephir and the organizational structure of the project.
For businesses that are using Phalcon for their application, it would make perfect sense to sponsor Phalcon development, since it will ensure that bugs are fixed quickly and efficiently and also new features are implemented much faster than before. Finally, it might also help you with exposure in the Phalcon community, making it easier to attract Phalcon developers.
Individual users are always welcome to make a recurring pledge, if Phalcon has helped you in your work or personal projects.
Planned work for Q1 2017:
- Ground work for full support for PHP 7/7.1
- Fixing crucial (segfaults) bugs in Zephir
- Creation of a Phalcon Github organization
- Documentation enhancements/rewrite
- Bug fixes in Phalcon
- Phalcon promotion in social media
Notable Features of Phalcon:
- Low overhead; Low memory consumption and CPU compared to traditional frameworks
- MVC & HMVC; Modules, components, models, views and controllers
- Dependency Injection; Dependency Injection and Location of services and it’s itself a container for them.
- Rest; In this case, you can use either a micro or full stack application to meet your goal. In addition, a powerful set of HTTP helpers.
- Autoloader; Provides the autoloading mechanism of PHP classes following PSR-4.
- Router; Phalcon\Mvc\Router provides advanced routing capabilities.
- Zephir/C extensions are loaded together with PHP one time on the web server’s daemon start process
- Classes and functions provided by the extension are ready to use for any application
- The code is compiled and isn’t interpreted because it's already compiled to a specific platform and processor
- Due to its low-level architecture and optimizations Phalcon provides the lowest overhead for MVC-based applications
Thank you for your support!