We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

No managed VPS install? Wow...

Debian 8 setup with Cloudways managed VPS hosting (Vultr hosting) and no root access there. Can't install. Composer is failing with every attempt I try, and git just grabs the repo. New to git but found no help in docs for laying out the repo in an application.

Too much trouble. Back to Cake, YII, CI, and about 30 others that installed on the first shot.

edited Jan '17

Bye :)

You might as well go try Wordpress, you can add plugins/code with mouse.

Accepted
answer

Hi,

you may also:

• install phalcon on your own computer
  • or find another vps provider that can give you full root access to the instance

speed doest come at a cost, for phalcon the cost is no composer installation

edited Jan '17

And the exact purpose of this topic is?

We are all very glad you compare Cake with Phalcon. You'll be much more happy with Cake for sure. Good luck.

Mmmmmm just had some chocolate cake. Birds taste strange anyway.

And the exact purpose of this topic is?

We are all very glad you compare Cake with Phalcon. You'll be much more happy with Cake for sure. Good luck.

edited Jan '17

Then change your shitty vps provider and that's it.

What you do when you need to install any other extension for php? Like idk redis, memcache whatever?

Cm'n guys, don't be so agressive, he just wrote his opinion ;-)

But this is true, what if he wants to install any other php extension? He can't too, he need to switch this shitty vps as soon as possible.

The thing is, people are used to work with PHP as we use to do it in the old days. You just transfer your files via FTP to your hosting provider and that's it. You don't care.

We all need to understand that concepts applied in a framework such as PhalconPHP are rather academic and aimed towards enterprise use case (i.e. not for simple web sites, but for web applications, api's etc.).

To be honest I used Phalcon for all kind of websites, from online shops to simple corporate websites. Never had problems with any of the hosting providers so far. Even all the big hosting providers in Bulgaria updated their cpanels to allow Phalcon installation with one click. They allow it even for their shared hostings plans which are 1-2$ per month. Also worked with many hosting providers and where I did not have SSH access, the support team were happy to help only by sending them one email.

Not to mention Digital Ocean and other great cheap vps services.