Domain name

Hello

I have been searching for the perfect domain for my website, but sadly everything is already bought.. Then i finally find a domain name that my supplier says is ready for purchase, but when i buy it i get an error..

The domain name returns a website that dosent exists.

I then whois the domain, i get the following result:

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com Referral URL: http://www.godaddy.com Name Server: No nameserver Status: redemptionPeriod https://icann.org/epp#redemptionPeriod Updated Date: 17-feb-2017 Creation Date: 06-jan-2016 Expiration Date: 06-jan-2017

Expiration Date: 06-jan-2017??

Will the domain name be avaible again or ?

Thank you for your time! :-)

Well, that's a fairly random question for phalcon forums :D

You wil lhave to contact godaddy with your question, he is the registrar. Afaik, they have a page where you can inquire about occupied TLDs, and they contact the owner for you. But don't get your hopes high, there are tons of domain names being squatted on, waiting for some fool to pay millions for it...

edited Feb '17

The domain may be in the grace period for the current owner to renew. But do as suggested, contact GoDaddy.

You'll most likely need to wait 65 days from Jan 06 2017, so that'll mean March 12 2017 it'll be available. This is because of the grace period and redemption period.

For 30 days after the expiration date the domain will be available for renewal during a grace period. After the 30 day grace period, the domain will enter a hold period known as the Redemption Period for another 30 days. To recover the domain during the Redemption Period the registry requires a $150 USD fee. - noip.com

Thanks for your reply, I know it's not relevatant, that's why it's off-topic

Thanks you once again!

edited Feb '17

You wil lhave to contact godaddy with your question, he is the registrar. Afaik, they have a page where you can inquire about occupied TLDs, and they contact the owner for you. But don't get your hopes high, there are tons of domain names being squatted on, waiting for some fool to pay millions for it...

It's called 'free market' ;-)

I must digress... while I understand the concept and importance of free market, buying a domain with meaningful name for scrap, without ANY intention to use it, just to broker and resell it N years later, is extremely of harmful. There are a lot of good TLDs which only redirect to the domain broker (not even an ad site), and when you inquire about the price their response is preposterous. They can also do it quasi infinitely, since their expenses are so low (a few dollars per year).

It's called 'free market' ;-)

edited Feb '17

I understand your point of view.

Remember the 'gold rush' in California?

Who saw first a gold nugget - was rich ;-)

Sure, mining requires physical tools and hard labour. Buying TLDs is a nobrainer, there is no added value to it, you don't have to advertise, innovate, maintain... I'm on the same opinion about speculating brokers in the global market :P No added value, just pushing digital money around. They rationalize it by saying these people actually determine how prospectful a company is, but let's be honest: they are poker players, not responsible auditors.

Buying a domain name for the only reason to sell it for a high price shoulden be allowed, but well that's not how it is..

However in some countrys it is ilegal