We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

- %1 Error installing Phalcon

Sorry I'm new to phalcon but I'm getting a PHP Startup error. I followed the XAMPP installation guide for windows but whenever I run the apache server I'm getting the following error:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/file location' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

As on the guide:

I placed the php_phalcon.dll in the php/ext folder php.ini last line -> extension=php_phalcon.dll

Thanks for reading.

Accepted
answer

Check that you're using the right DLL for your architecture x86_32 or x86_64: https://phalcon.io/en/download/windows

Also be sure to check NTS flag...I got first the NTS version which didn't work...finally the version without NTS worked on my XAMPP

Which build of Bitnami you were using? I am experirencing the same issues with wappstack-5.5.15-0.

Hi I am new to Phalcon, I am getting Same error message though I used Correct version of the dll. II am geting this "php startup unable to load dynamic library [ location / ] phalcon.dll "

What is the reason ?

I succeded to solve it with using the 32bit extension on a 64bit enviornment. Very strange, but it worked that way for me.