We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon installation problem with Wamp server (32 Bits and PHP Version 5.3.13)

I have Wamp server (32 Bits and PHP Version 5.3.13). I have downloaded "phalcon_x86_VC9_php5.3.9_1.2.6" from https://phalcon.io/en/download/windows. I have placed the "php_phalcon.dll" file in directory "E:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.13" and added this line in "E:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.13\php.ini" file "extension=php_phalcon.dll".

I then checked phpinfo() output for a section referencing “Phalcon” but it does not “Phalcon”. Command <?php print_r(get_loaded_extensions()); ?> also does not shows “Phalcon”.

Please advise what is wrong in the setup.

Hi, Did you restart your web server (Apache) after adding dll to your php.ini file?

edited Mar '14

Yes i have restarted the apache web server after adding dll to php.ini file.

edited Mar '14

It seems every thing is OK!!! but I'm using linux and I'm not so familiar with wamp on windows but maybe these could help you:

In fact in PHP there is 2 php.ini files. One for PHP-Client (shell) One for Webserver (Apache or ...) and they could have different configs. In your phpinfo() through browser (FireFox/Chrome/...) search for php.ini and find the path that used for webserver and finally make sure you have added "extension=php_phalcon.dll" to the correct ini file (The ini file that have used by Apache webserver). I think you've added dll to php-cli ini not the webserver ini. anyway... I hope this guidance could help you to solve your problem... :)

Hi,

I have tried almost every dll for php 5.3.9 whether it is x86 or x64, NTS or non-NTS but they can't seem to be working. Apache error log file says:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:\xampp\php\ext\php_phalcon.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.

Please guide.

Thanks Usama Ahmed