Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

White Screen Issue

I'm trying to put a local PhalconPHP project live on DigitalOcean. I have created a droplet with One-Click app lamp, private networking, IPV6 and monitoring.

After logging in with SSH I installed phalcon and phalcon developer tools. Setup a empty Phalcon project which worked fine and showed "You are flying with phalcon".

But I'm trying to push my phalcon installation live of course. But when I uploaded my files and created my database the screen of my index just remains blank. Nothing going on, no errors just a white screen.

I've tried debugging it with someone on discord but we dind't came further than the following conclusion:

echo file_exists($this->view->getViewsDir() . '/index.volt')?'Y':'N';

Running that in my indexAction returns "N" suggesting that "index.volt" doesn't exsist on "/var/www/html/app/views/index.volt" which does exsist on my web server.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

missing __DIR__ or wrong root, that's why it returns No?

edited Sep '17

Put this at the beginning of your index.php:

ini_set('display_errors', 'On');
error_reporting(E_ALL);

If you have an error on your page, this will display it instead of showing a blank screen

"White Screen Issue" is one of the questions on many interviews for senior devs.

Accepted
answer

As i know he already solved this, he wrote on discord that he had permissions issue.