We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon Micro REST API CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing

Hello there, I have created REST API using phalcon micro and setup headers as explained in this thread.

Issue is, I'm still getting the below mentioned error in the browser console.

"Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://api..... (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing)."

I noticed that, this error only displays on POST methods and randomly. When i say randomly, i meant i can return response in the biginnig of the function, but when i return response after json_decode or decrypt or after some process, that's the moment i get above error..

My configurations as follows,

asda

$app->before(
function () use ($app) {

$origin = $app->request->getHeader("ORIGIN") ? $app->request->getHeader("ORIGIN") : '*';

$app->response->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", $origin)
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Methods", 'GET,PUT,POST,DELETE,OPTIONS')
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Headers", 'Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Range, Content-Disposition, Content-Type, Authorization')
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Credentials", true);

return true;
});

$app->options('/{catch:(.*)}', function() use ($app) { $app->response->setStatusCode(200, "OK")->send(); });

Accepted
answer

try $app->response->sendHeaders() before the return

Tried that too...

try $app->response->sendHeaders() before the return

What is your environment? OS, web server, php and phalcon version?

Also try inspecting the request+response headers in chrome, it may reveal some wonky misconfig

Dear @lajos, It was my bad actually. Your solution worked for me.. Thank you

$origin = $app->request->getHeader("ORIGIN") ? $app->request->getHeader("ORIGIN") : '*';
    $app->response->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", $origin)
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Methods", 'GET,PUT,POST,DELETE,OPTIONS')
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Headers", 'Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Range, Content-Disposition, Content-Type, Authorization')
        ->setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Credentials", true);

**   $app->response->sendHeaders();**

What is your environment? OS, web server, php and phalcon version?

Also try inspecting the request+response headers in chrome, it may reveal some wonky misconfig