What is SOA

Call me a troll on the off chance that you need, yet I'm not kidding: how precisely is the new SOA incline any not the same as the customer benefit engineering that I was building 15 years back? I continue hearing SOA yet I don't perceive how it's unique in relation to what we've generally done.

Back 10 years prior, my organization had different customers (in numerous dialects) which conversed with a similar administration. It wasn't XML (it was a double convention called Microsoft DCOM) and there wasn't auto-disclosure through WSDL yet that is OK since perusing the docs was similarly as simple. Our framework was even "open" in the sense we reported it enough to enable outsiders to converse with our administrations. We were not pioneers - each other organization I knew 10 years prior was doing likewise.

The ONLY distinction I see amongst at that point and now is that now there's a solitary administration accessible on the web, though SOA 10 years back, every client would have his own example of the administration. Be that as it may, that is not a design issue - where the administration physically lives is straightforward to anybody utilizing the administration.

So what precisely is SOA that is not quite the same as what we've been improving the situation years? Is SOA essentially a promoting term speaking to a best practice that really wound up normal a long lengthy time-frame prior? Or on the other hand am I missing some subtely to SOA that is not quite the same as what we've been doing from the beginning?

SOA stands for Service Oriented Architecture and is supposed to define a mind-set for application development. For example, Microsoft's Web site describes SOA this way: The goal for a SOA is a world wide mesh of collaborating services, which are published and available for invocation on the Service Bus. Adopting SOA is essential to deliver the business agility and IT flexibility promised by Web Services. These benefits are delivered not by just viewing service architecture from a technology perspective and the adoption of Web Service protocols, but require the creation of a Service Oriented Environment that is based on the following key principles: