We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

phalcon-api under nanobox should be decoupled

First of all, thanks for the amazing phalcon-api example. It is really good and saves me a lot of time to get to this point and i can focus on creating the actual application code.

The problem is nanobox was acquired byt digital ocean and the nanobox install and setup is now behind a signup and even signing up is not letting us access the installer and the application is not directly usable.

I tried moving the code around to the original phalcon folder structure but i was unsuccessful. I kindly request if someone can fork it and provide it like the other "vokuro" etc examples, it would help the users a lot more.

The only time you need the "signup" for nanobox is to download the client and "login" so to speak using nanobox login. That's it. Any other time at least for local development you don't need anything else. It will work as expected.

On a different note Serghei has been kicking me lately to produce docker/docker compose alternatives for all to use. We can just do that too.

Also you really don't need nanobox if you set your environment up on your local machine. The app will work as expected by having the php apache/nginx etc. stuff on it.

Hey Nikolaos, thanks for the information :)

Spending more time and reading the boxfile.yml, i see the .env file that needs to be copied over and phinx.php file that needs to create the tables. After some tinkering and adding the .htaccess file i was able to get the service up.

I do have one question as to if the repository contain any seed data ?

About making docker's for the examples you guys have, i currently have the vokuro under a docker and i "fork" from that when i want to test something weird. If it would be helpful i can share the setup with you.

The only time you need the "signup" for nanobox is to download the client and "login" so to speak using nanobox login. That's it. Any other time at least for local development you don't need anything else. It will work as expected.

On a different note Serghei has been kicking me lately to produce docker/docker compose alternatives for all to use. We can just do that too.

Also you really don't need nanobox if you set your environment up on your local machine. The app will work as expected by having the php apache/nginx etc. stuff on it.

I do have one question as to if the repository contain any seed data ?

I don't think it does - it has been a while... The db structure though is pretty straight forward.