We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Devtools installation guide obsolete

Hello, im new with phalcon. Im traying to get devtools working on windows 10 x64 with xampp, the installation guide on the phalcon documentation is obsolete. I try downloading the zip package from github and create the path on system but there is no executable on the files to use phalcon on cmd. Is there any updated guide somewhere? PD: Algo try creating the bat file with the route where delvtools are, didnt work either. Lately i try using a virtual machine with Ubuntu server, install apache, php, mysql, composer, and in the last step when i got to create the symbolink i get an error. How can i start using devtools!? i really wanna use phalcon but this is nuts, i google it but nothing, all the guides for install on windows do not work with the last release of devtools, there is no bat file or anything to use from cmd for creating projects. Please, i need help, i dont wanna give up on phalcon yet.

Accepted
answer

In Windows have you added php executable to the PATH aswell? Devtools are just php scripts and will not work without php interpreter. About Windows and Xamp, you should really work on a virtual machine (Vagrant, Docker), one you can configure to be close to the production environment. The error you get on Ubuntu come probably from this line "ln -s ~/phalcon-devtools/phalcon.php /usr/bin/phalcon" and is because the script does not have an .php extention in the lastest version, is just "phalcon" The command should be "ln -s /path-to-phalcon-devtools/phalcon /usr/bin/phalcon"

Thank you so much, now i get it working on Ubuntu VM. About windows installation, the php path is working but not phalcon.

In Windows have you added php executable to the PATH aswell? Devtools are just php scripts and will not work without php interpreter. About Windows and Xamp, you should really work on a virtual machine (Vagrant, Docker), one you can configure to be close to the production environment. The error you get on Ubuntu come probably from this line "ln -s ~/phalcon-devtools/phalcon.php /usr/bin/phalcon" and is because the script does not have an .php extention in the lastest version, is just "phalcon" The command should be "ln -s /path-to-phalcon-devtools/phalcon /usr/bin/phalcon"