We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

I created a CMS: KikCMS. It is build on Phalcon. It is now open source. I need some feedback.

https://github.com/krazzer/kikcms

I've been working on this CMS for over 2 years. I'm a solo developer and I use it for my own clients. From the start I've had in mind to make it open source. I thought it would be a waste not to share.

I use the CMS mainly to build custom websites. It is a complete CMS but you could also view it as a high level framework (it is build in PHP on top of the Phalcon framework). Most notably I created the 'DataTable', which makes it very easy to create editable entities in the CMS. Check out the video on the GitHub page on how that works.

You might wonder, why did I build my own CMS? Well I've been a CMS developer since 2006. I was the lead developer for an in-house CMS for the company I worked for. I worked on it until 2015, and it is still used today by hundreds of companies. That CMS is not open source and probably never will be. When I started working at another company after that (2015-2016), I dreamt about having my own company and building my own brand new CMS, using all the experience I had on the old one, and making it open source. And so I did, I started my own company in 2017 and it worked out pretty well so far.

So now it's time to share it with the rest of the world. Of course the CMS works great for me, but I don't know how well it will work for others. I have worked on this for over 2 years in isolation so I'm sure someone else can point out some things that I haven't thought of.

I hope this will be of use to someone else than just me!

I would be grateful if you could check it out, and leave me some feedback. For example you could answer the following questions:

• Is it clear to you what this CMS is for and how you could use it?
  • Is it clear how to start using it?
  • Is it easy enough to start using?
  • I the documentation clear?
  • What parts would you like to have more documentation on?
  • Do you understand the CMS part?
  • Is the code any good?
  • Did I put enough comments in the code?
  • Is the code understandable?
  • Is performance okay?
  • How is the UX of the CMS?
  • Etc.

Thanks!

edited Sep '19
  • Is the code understandable? No, the code isn't quite understandable!

• Is it easy enough to start using? No! There is so much to learn about this CMS!

You should look at yonacms - it's very simple and understandable for users and developers - but you can improve it a lot in a lot of ways!

Now you can just start another project and make the best cms in the whole wolrd!

edited Sep '19
  • Is the code understandable? No, the code isn't quite understandable!

What part of the code don't you understand?

• Is it easy enough to start using? No! There is so much to learn about this CMS!

Could you please be more specific? Why is it not easy to start using?

Hi Kaz,

It looks very cool! I've just started an empty project as discribed. I'll take a look into as I try to port an ecommerce website we've build in yona-cms.

I'll keep you posted on the process.

you can use manaphp to rewrite the cms, it can support fpm and swoole coroutine.

Check if the URI is an current /:controller/:movement if it is present, path to the default router. If it isn't always, check other routers if it matched and route it there. If it would not matched any router, it have to visit tool websitettps://forum.phalcon.io/discussion/19707/performance-problems-when-upgrading-from-php71-phalcon-330-to-phere it exams the URI(/([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)), and route to the action where it tests to my database if it is an exisiting weblog/publish. If it is not, it should return 404 page.