We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Problem with phalcon/incubator on ubuntu 14.04

Hi,

I'm setting up my development environment and i got a problem with phalcon When I try to use composer to upgrade my dependencies an error appears:

"Problem 1

• Installation request for phalcon/incubator 1.3.x -> satisfiable by phalcon/incubator[1.3.0.x-dev].
  • phalcon/incubator 1.3.0.x-dev requires ext-phalcon >=1.2.4,<2 - the requested PHP extension phalcon is missing from your system.

I've already set phalcon/incubator as dev-master, and I cannot do this upgrade. S.O. Ubuntu 14.04 Phalcon: 1.3.2

are you sure you have phalcon (https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon) installed as extension on your system ?

from your screenshot i only see that you have php and gcc installed, but for phalcon you need to compile it and add it to other php extensions -> https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/install.html#compilation

Accepted
answer

well, i had already compilied. but i think the composer looks to another cfg file

i put a phalcon ini file which points to my phalcon.so(/usr/lib/php5/) in the directory etc/php5/cli/conf.d then composer worked.

edited Nov '14

well, i had already compilied. but i think the composer looks to another cfg file

i put a phalcon ini file which points to my phalcon.so(/usr/lib/php5/) in the directory etc/php5/cli/conf.d then composer worked.

I've faced the same issue, please guide me this: "i put a phalcon ini file" What the name and link of this INI file ?

edited Dec '14

i don't know if you solved this. but well..

i created a ini file in "etc/php5/apache2/conf.d" that points to phalcon.so i just did it, because composer uses this directory as reference to find the extension phalcon.so (i don't know why).

you just need to follow these steps. 1- create ini file ex: "50-phalcon.ini" (the number means the priority that php loads the file) 2- open the file and paste this

[phalcon] extension = phalcon.so

3- open composer and upgrade your dependencies.

I've faced the same issue, please guide me this: "i put a phalcon ini file" What the name and link of this INI file ?