We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Compilation Error with 1.3.2

Hi,

I've tried to compile the latest source on my iMac following exactly the same steps as I did for 1.3.1 - I am getting the following error:

creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.h
/bin/sh /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -I. -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/include -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/main -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/main -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/TSRM -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/Zend -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext/date/lib  -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden   -c /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c -o phalcon.lo
mkdir .libs
 gcc -I. -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/include -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/main -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/main -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/TSRM -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/Zend -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o
/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c:108409:21: fatal error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Accepted
answer
edited Jun '14

The first result on google for libintl.h: No such file or directory is this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11370684/what-is-libintl-h-and-where-can-i-get-it

This might have something to do with the recent gettext integration:

https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/commit/c16443805320600f8b75e78eede47344ef90981f

Hi Max,

I saw this entry before I posted to the forum. I didn't really understand if it connected to my problem because it isn't specific to OSX and primarily because I have compiled Phalcon a number of times now without problem and I have made no changes to my system or my approach to the compilation process.

I'm unaware of the gettext integration so this is a new one on me. We've (at work) recently compiled Phalcon 1.3.2 on CentOS without any issues at all. I tried to update my home Dev setup to 1.3.2 to stay compatible and hit this new issue :(

Thanks.

Hi there,

Just in case this helps anyone on MacOSX, first off, I did this:

brew install gettext

When I compiled Phalcon, it still failed. I then did this:

brew link gettext --force

I then compiled Phalcon and the compilation succeeded.