Model without a source

I have a phalcon app on my localhost that uses version 1.3.1 and I also have version 1.3.2 on a remote server. On my localhost version I have declared some models that don't have an associated database table and these work fine, I use them as custom classes that aggregate various other models. As soon as they are uploaded to the remote server on 1.3.2 I get error messages about the associated table not existing though. I've tried setting the getSource method to return '' or null but this doesn't work either. Am I missing something here? How should I go about creating a class that doesn't have an associated table?

Thanks

My question is: why you would go creating a inexistent model? What do you have in mind to do with it? (just curiosity)

I've got a User object that doesn't exist as a table, but it can have a number of resources related to it that do have tables. I define these relationships in the model still and I can retrieve the extra data. I think a lot of what's going on is that I developed on Windows on Xampp but I've deployed to Linux as now I've got a load of issues to do with the Case of my controllers! Windows is a lot more forgiving but this will teach me not to develop on a different platform that I'm deploying to

Oh, didn't know about that User object. Anyways, I've heard that Phalcon on Windows have some fails (not sure at all); maybe that can be the issue (apart from the develop/deploying OS).

I think it might just be how the servers are configured to handle errors. The Linux distro is less forgiving. The User object isn't built in, it's just something I've created. I use a 3rd party auth system and I don't need to store the data in my DB, hence this fake User model I created

How about creating a dummy table (without any columns)? Then try setting the getSource method to return 'thedummytable'.

Yeah I did end up doing that, just weird that it worked on Windows, as I say I think it might be my apache/php config when it comes to handling errors is different between the environments as my linux distro must be set to stop the whole app working