We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

PHP Version 5.5.15 not loading phalconphp 1.3.2

I try to upgrade old version of Phalcon PHP to latest version 1.3.2. I compile source and it doesn't load. So I try to upgrade php into PHP Version 5.5.15 - no sucess. Then I try apt-get install php5-phalcon it give the following error

The following packages have unmet dependencies: php5-phalcon : Depends: phpapi-20090626+lfs E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Please help, I completely broke the working system.

edited Aug '14

phpapi-20090626 means the package needs php 5.3, I think if 1.3.2 is not loading you might want to create a file called /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini or /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini and add extension=phalcon.so instead of adding extension=phalcon.so directly to the main php.ini

edited Aug '14

Not working. I am using PHP + Lighttpd. I tried to add the same file into /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/. Then php sucessfully load phalcon.so. But the application is giving internal server error. Which was working without any problem before updating. Here is the php info ( I removed the file from /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/).

https://demo.anishpsla.co.in/info.php

edited Aug '14

Compile Phalcon this way:

git clone --depth=1 git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/build/safe
export CFLAGS="-O2 -fvisibility=hidden"
phpize
./configure --enable-phalcon
make && sudo make install

Add extension=phalcon.so to /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/50-phalcon.ini

And remove any extension=phalcon.so from /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

./configure --enable-phalcon throwing the following error

-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

(IE 11 and firefox not loading the icons in comment box, so I can't format the message)

Accepted
answer

I missed the phpize instruction out please check my previous updated response

Thanks now it's working. Can I update without any problem for newer versions of Phalcon PHP ?

Yes, following this procedure it must work always