We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon Install Automate (Linux)

Hi! Are there anyone interested on making Phalcon installation on Linux Machine easy?

I just created some repo for a collection of bash script that will automate the process of installation. Currently, it only support Ubuntu (My Machine).

Here is the repo link: https://github.com/christianesperar/phalcon-install-automate

I also did an installer of Phalcon for my project (semiautomatic, needs some interaction with the admin for some things). But I will point that:

1) The Add extension..... is perfectly unnecesary: I don't have it and my project works fine.

2) I would do a cd before the git clone, so you always have the same place for the repo if something goes wrong (also rm -R after that would be fine, in my opinion).

3) The last thing I would do is the restart, not 30-phalcon.ini.

That's my opinion of all based on my installer. But it's perfect (except for point 3).

So фnyone can install Phalcon with ~10 commands by terminal Why is it needed?

Maybe you are doing with Phalcon a project (like me) where the users aren't too much savvy.

Or just lazyness.

Hi all, I think the main problem is the installation tutorials. I think it's a bit outdated. To install it to my machine I stumble on some extra resources. Anyone also encounter this problem?

David Durillo Moral - That's weird. I tried not to include 30-phalcon.ini on my second installation and it's not working. I also don't think so since we're all developer. Just want to have an easy process hahaha. Дмитрий Пацура - Yup, but in my case I spend almost an hour finding resources on my first installation.

I also had problems the first time installing it.

BTW, I mentioned the Add extension.... part (php.ini), not the 30-phalcon.ini file xD

It also not working when I not include the extension on php.ini. May I know what linux distro you're using?

Ubuntu 12.04, but I think is 'cause of your PHP and Apache versions

That must be the problem. Can I know what is the step by step you do. So I can update it just in case :)

That must be the problem. Can I know what is the step by step you do. So I can update it just in case :)

Sure. I use PHP 5.5.14 and Apache 2.4.9.

sudo apt-get install php5-dev php5-mysql gcc libpcre3-dev
cd ~
sudo git clone --depth=1 git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/build
sudo ./install
cd ~
sudo rm -r cphalcon
echo "\nAñada 'extension=phalcon.so' al achivo '30-phalcon.ini'"
echo "Creando '30-phalcon.ini' en 5 segundos..."
sleep 5
sudo nano /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini

Hi! Confirmed! Insertion of Phalcon extension is not needed. Revised :) Thanks :)