We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Fetching phalcon incubator via composer problem

Hello,

I have installed phalcon 1.3.2 and it is loaded with php5-fpm (PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.3).

When I am trying to fetch the incubator libraries with composer, I get the following message:

Problem 1

• Installation request for phalcon/incubator dev-master -> satisfiable by phalcon/incubator[dev-master].
  • phalcon/incubator dev-master requires ext-phalcon >=1.2.4,<2 -> the requested PHP extension phalcon is missing from your system.

I have restarted my local nginx and the php5-fpm service several times after confirming the extension is there, but with no result. Can somebody offer any suggestions on how I can proceed? Thanks!
phpinfo

Accepted
answer
edited Sep '14

Answer:

• this is what happened on my Linux Mint Qiana distro: the phalcon ./install script automatically created a hardcoded ini file in /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d whereas the available ini files are normally stored in /etc/php5/mods-available and then symlinked to the appropriate conf.d folders. Therefore the extension was available to the php5-fpm process but not to the php-cli executable.

Fix: move the ini to the mods-available folder and create appropriate symlinks to /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d as well as /etc/php5/cli/conf.d folders

This is needed in Ubuntu/Mint

On my VPS where I have Debian 7, the /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d folder is symlinked in its entirety to the conf.d from the cli folder. In that case a symlink or hard file in that folder just works.