We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

unable to load phalcon.so

I am using the latest version of Ubuntu and used the instructions for installing phalcon on Ubuntu.

apt-get install php5-phalcon

It seems to install OK, but I get the following warning when I restart Apache2. (Apache version....Server version: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server built: Jul 22 2014 14:36:38)

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so: undefined symbol: php_pdo_get_dbh_ce in Unknown on line 0

sudo nano /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini

(Add "extension=phalcon.so" to the file, without the quotes)

edited Oct '14

Thank you. I no longer get the the warning. apparently I had the extension in two other files. I commented them out and added you solution. I am having problems getting the rest example to go to the routes defined. do you know of a completed index.php I can compare this will help me find my error. Thanks again.

You only had to add the file I said up, nothing more (it happenned to me also in your same way).

For the index.php check this part of the tutorials https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/tutorial.html#bootstrap (also if you post your index I will take a look on it and explain why fails).

edited Oct '14

What code do I add to the discussion to make the php more readable. I tried <code> but it did not seem to work.

edited Sep '14

Add " ``` " before and after the code (without the quotes). Use the Preview tab to see if the indentation and so on is correct so your code is posted OK.