We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon not loading: WAMP on Windows 7

Hi,

I want to simply try out Phalcon & it shouldn't be this hard!

I am at the point where I want to just forget about it but I really want to try it out . So, here I am siging up & all that just for this

I have researched a solution (Googling & even here) for days now & no luck!

Probably, it would've been smoother if on a production enviroment (linux) , however I need to just try it out on my DevEnv as is for now

WAMP2.5 on Windows 7 ultimate PHP installed, 5.5.12 & 5.60 (using the 5.6.0) All configuartion files (php.ini, wampserver's, apache's) are correct Phalcon version is correct phalcon_x86_VC11_php5.5.0_1.3.1

WAMP is working fine, however phalcon is not loading (no where to be found on the localhost/phpinfo)

What I've noticed is while using Sublime text 3 & when saving I get the PHP startup error unbale to load dynamic library however the path is wrong (refereing to the old wamp directory even though the conf files are correct?).

I uncommented the extension=php_phalcon... in the wrong directory 's php.ini (I have not added it there to start with), so for now I do not see the error in Sublime text

However, the issue remains the same but without any errors

I hope you do not tell me the fact I am using phalcon_x86_VC11_php5.5.0_1.3.1 (php5.5.0) with php5.6.0 is the issue!?

Thanks in advance

I hope you do not tell me the fact I am using phalconx86VC11php5.5.01.3.1 (php5.5.0) with php5.6.0 is the issue!?

Who knows. Try the same install with 5.5. But I don't think so. Maybe is about this:

What I've noticed is while using Sublime text 3 & when saving I get the PHP startup error unbale to load dynamic library however the path is wrong (refereing to the old wamp directory even though the conf files are correct?).

Accepted
answer
edited Sep '14

You need dlls for php 5.6, we haven't set an environment to build them, from now, you can use php 5.5 instead of 5.6, and keep in touch when they're ready at: https://phalcon.io/en/download/windows

Oh well, thanks!. At least, good to know I am not going crazy :)

I've expected that but didn't think it'll be true. May I ask why is that? If you can elaborate more on why other than the environment build? Is it because of the speed? Meaning it has to be tightly knit with PHP to get the speed advantage?

Thanks again

Every PHP version needs a different environment to build them, also, every PHP version has a different API that needs to match the compiled DLL they're loading. We have to set up an environment with Microsoft Visual C++ 11 to compile them.

I see, so it's really a PHP issue :)
Thanks again. Now, off to some phalcon exploring!