We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Out of memory when doing find()

Hello all.

I have this code:

$users = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\Users::find(array('limit' => array('number' => $this->usersPage, 'offset' => $page * $this->usersPage)));
foreach ($users as $val) {
    $user = $val->toArray();
    $user['profiles'] = $this->getProfiles($user['id']);
}

private function getProfiles($id) {
    $profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::find('user_id = '.$id);
    return profileList
}

I have in the users table 5k records. When i run my script PHP says "Out of memory".

When I change getProfiles function like this:

private function getProfiles($id) {
    $profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::query()->where('user_id = :user_id:')->bind(array('user_id' => $id))->execute();
    return profileList
}

all works fine.

Do I have something wrong in my first script or this is a bug.

Thanks in advance.

This is likely happen because:

It's creating a PHQL statement for every $id, not sure how much memory you have allowed for your script execution, but it's not PHQL-friendly (https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/models-cache.html#caching-of-phql-planning).

The second option reuses the same PHQL preparation and it's more secure in the case a dangerous $id is passed to the function.

You can also write as:

$profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::findByUserId($id);
$profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::find('user_id = ?0', 'bind' => array($id));

Accepted
answer

You have right. But in my case i use ids provided from databaze. I think that sanitizing internal data is not so important.

My first script use more that 128Mb memory. Second use only 7Mb. Two scripts must do one thing, i think with the some mode. But the big memory usage is fact. I want undestand what is wrong. This is important for my project.

Thanks

This is likely happen because:

It's creating a PHQL statement for every $id, not sure how much memory you have allowed for your script execution, but it's not PHQL-friendly (https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/models-cache.html#caching-of-phql-planning).

The second option reuses the same PHQL preparation and it's more secure in the case a dangerous $id is passed to the function.

You can also write as:

$profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::findByUserId($id);
$profiles = \Qello\Mvc\Model\Users\UserProfiles::find('user_id = ?0', 'bind' => array($id));

Thanks for the replay. After several tests and thinking my point of view is the same. But for me sleel be odd this situation. I haven't similar experianse with any other ORM or database wraper. In any case your answer help me to make my project beter.

Thanks again.