We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Windows DLLs 1.3.4

Is there any plan for a release of the windows dll's for 1.3.4 any time soon? I've tried to build my own, but I must be doing something wrong because I cannot persuade my version to be used.

There is a major bug that has supposedly been fixed in 1.3.4 which is causing our project to be on hold. Therefore we would like to be able to test 1.3.4 to see if it is now working for us - otherwise we'll probably have to move to another framework and forget about Phalcon - which is not ideal.

I understand that the dev team are focussed on Phalcon 2, but it would be really nice to have a liitle bit of time spent on the current system maintenance as there is still a long wait before a stable P2.

Agreed, would be much appreciated if anyone has DLLs built from current 1.3 4 branch!

edited Oct '14

Current release in master is 1.3.3, 1.3.4 has not been released yet, that's why we haven't released DLLs for it

Are you trying to insinuate that we are not releasing DLLs for released versions? We always do that

I highly reccomend that you do not develop in your daily driver OS. Especially in windows. Especially in a team setting.

Hi Phalcon.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything.

The post starts with a question regarding a timeframe. The rest is just to give an idea of why it's important.

To simplify the question: when are the windows dlls for 1.3.4 to be expected?

Sorry, David Duncan, but I don't understand your answer.

As I mentioned before, DLLs are compiled once a new version is released, the latest released version is 1.3.3 so those are the DLLs available, we hope to fix a problem in Phalcon\Mvc\Url and release 1.3.4 soon

Hi Phalcon.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything.

The post starts with a question regarding a timeframe. The rest is just to give an idea of why it's important.

To simplify the question: when are the windows dlls for 1.3.4 to be expected?

edited Oct '14

Hi means a vitualized dev-env (e.g. use Vagrant). Are you guys actually planning on running what you're building on a Windows prod. server? If no, you're much better off setting op a Linux dev-env and forget about the Windows (bull)shit; you don't have to wait for DLL's and you're also less likeley to run into issues with PHP itself (and perhaps also Apache, and what not..)

AFAIC; Windows support is a waste of time & efforts? (I mean are there really peeps hosting PHP (+Phalcon) stuff on Windows? Is it really a platform to run serious shit on?)

Hi means a vitualized dev-env (e.g. use Vagrant). Are you guys actually planning on running what you're building on a Windows prod. server? If no, you're much better off setting op a Linux dev-env and forget about the Windows (bull)shit; you don't have to wait for DLL's and you're also less likeley to run into issues with PHP itself (and perhaps also Apache, and what not..)

AFAIC; Windows support is a waste of time & efforts? (I mean are there really peeps hosting PHP (+Phalcon) stuff on Windows? Is it really a platform to run serious shit on?)

All of my thoughts exactly. Especially the part about how windows support is a distraction. Thanks for typing out everything that I; was obviously too lazy to fill in the blanks on ;)