We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

How do you develop, how to build the development environment, I use win in the local server is Linux, how to do, in the local wi

How do you develop, how to build the development environment, I use win in the local server is Linux, how to do, in the local win development, uploaded to the Linux servers can be used?

edited Oct '14

I may not completely understand the question so I'll rephrase...

How do you develop on a Windows Machine but deploy to a Linux machine?"

Perhaps you are thinking of the little incompatabilites that crop up from developing on one Operating System but deploying to another?

In my experience, VirtualBox is your best friend. When you virtualize your development stack, your "Host" machine can be any Operating System. So at my office, developers boot to Windows but run a Linux virtual machine that is designed to match the production server they will eventually deploy to.

I could go on, but I'm not sure I understood the question correctly and hate to ramble :)

Thank you for your answer

I may not completely understand the question so I'll rephrase...

How do you develop on a Windows Machine but deploy to a Linux machine?"

Perhaps you are thinking of the little incompatabilites that crop up from developing on one Operating System but deploying to another?

In my experience, VirtualBox is your best friend. When you virtualize your development stack, your "Host" machine can be any Operating System. So at my office, developers boot to Windows but run a Linux virtual machine that is designed to match the production server they will eventually deploy to.

I could go on, but I'm not sure I understood the question correctly and hate to ramble :)