We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

PHQL

From the docs @ https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/phql.html it states that phql queries are cached. If there is no caching enabled is that shared memory cache? IE the cache is shared between requests.

edited Nov '14

I haven't actually tried this yet but I've just gone through the code of the above class and this is how it should work:

// Instantiate the Query
$query = new Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Query("SELECT * FROM Cars", $this->getDI());

$query->cache(['key' => 'yourResultsetIdentifier', 'lifetime' => 1000, 'service' => 'myModelsCache' ]);

// Execute the query returning a result if any
$cars = $query->execute();

Near as I can tell these are the available options:

• key = identifier for the result set

• lifetime = lifetime of the cache, default 3600

• service = name of the caching service in the DIC, default "modelsCache". It expects an object/class, it doesn't state what kind though from what I'm seeing in the functionality it should be a class that implements \Phalcon\Cache\BackendInterface.

Thanks for the response but that is not what I was asking about. There is no issue. I am just looking for clarification from the documentation of PHQL lifecycle. The documentation states: "PHQL statements are parsed once and cached in memory. Further executions of the same statement result in a slightly faster execution" I am just asking about more details about the caching. Is it shared memory or not. Meaning that caching would only happen per request.

I understand that if I implement caching on my own then yes it will live as long as I set it to live.

Accepted
answer

PHQL planning is currently cached per request. Regarding, resultsets returned by the execution of PHQL, they can be cached using any backends that implements \Phalcon\Cache\BackendInterface