We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Generated code in phalcon developer tools is different than tutorial

First, sorry for the title because I confuse how to determine the right title. I'm new in phalcon. I install it and succeed (version 1.3.4). I also install phalcon developer tools. When I run new project using phalcon project tutorial (tutorial is name of the project), it give the right folder. When I open public/index.php the code structure is like this :

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

try {

/**
     * Read the configuration
     */
    $config = include __DIR__ . "/../app/config/config.php";

/**
     * Read auto-loader
     */
    include __DIR__ . "/../app/config/loader.php";

/**
     * Read services
     */
    include __DIR__ . "/../app/config/services.php";

/**
     * Handle the request
     */
    $application = new \Phalcon\Mvc\Application($di);

echo $application->handle()->getContent();

} catch (\Exception $e) {
    echo $e->getMessage();
}

that's different with another phalcon tutorial. Can someone explain this differences? Which one I should follow to try?

Thank you

I'd probably use phalcon dev tools until you understand more about what is going on.

Basically there are three reasons why it is different:

1) More than one way to skin a cat 2) The tutorials and example projects are written at different periods of time and for different audiences. First tutorial is massively different from invo, vokuro, pforum, and so on. 3) Phalcon is a loosely coupled framework. It doesn't matter too much how you include and start it up.