We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon with Xampp: Warning

Hello, I'm using Xampp for Windows (xampp-win32-1.8.3-beta1-VC11) and i downloaded Phalcon (Phalcon 1.2.0 - Windows x86 for PHP 5.4.0 (VC9) ).

I follow xampp installation tutorial but when I start Apache server I'm getting Warning sign.

Warning Sign: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20100525 PHP compiled with module API=20121212 These options need to match.

The problem is with the version you are using (I think). You see that Xampp has been compiled with VC11 but Phalcon is in VC9.

At the moment we are not supporting VC11 compiled DLLs - we are working on it. You might want to use a VC9 version of Xampp to get the Phalcon DLLs to work for you.

oh Got it, Thanks. Actually on the Download page, the notice flashing on screen "We highly recommend you to use the latest version of PHP so as to take advantage of the full feature set of Phalcon." So i downloaded latest PHP version.