Rendering layout with camelCasi directory tree

I'm having a problem in a multi-module app, my views are being rendered but not my common layout. I want to have an anonymous layout, a frontend layout and a backend layout.

This is my bootstrap code for configuring the view with Volt support:

$this->di->set('view', function () use ($config) {
        $view = new View();

'.volt' => '\Phalcon\Mvc\View\Engine\Volt',
            '.phtml' => function ($view, $di) use ($config) {
                $volt = new Volt($view, $di);

# voltCacheDir
                'compiledPath' => PROJECT_PATH . $config->volt->cacheDir,
                'compiledSeparator' => '_',
                'compileAlways' => true));

return $volt;

return $view;

My application structure is as follows

apps/Project/Application/Signup/View/index/index.phtml apps/Project/Application/Shared/View/index/index.phtml apps/Project/Application/Campaign/View/index/index.phtml

And my module configuration is here:

apps/Project/Application/Shared/Module.php --> index layout apps/Project/Application/Signup/Module.php --> anoynmous layout apps/Project/Application/Campaign/Module.php --> index or backend layout

I have the following code on every Module.php:

* Registers the module-only services
 * @param Phalcon\DI $di
public function registerServices(DiInterface $di)
    $view = $di->get('view');
    $view->setViewsDir(__DIR__ . '/View/');
    $view->setLayoutsDir(__DIR__ . '/View/layouts/');

$di->set('view', $view);

I've tried to setLayoutsDir directly in my action controller, also in the bootstrap but it doesn't works. Specifying the setLayout() method doesn't works neither. But If I do a getLayouts() it gives me the correct layout but it stills not rendered, so I don't understand what's happening here.

Moreover, I've tried to write my view directory in lowercase or in plural but nothing changes....I would appreciate any help.

I had lots of problems with layouts too, and using a relative path instead an absolute one solved the problem. Try

How you write your view directory doesn't matter, as long you put the correct path

Hi Stefan,

Thanks to your comment I've found a partial solution.

This line works for me, but I cannot have a common layout because the rest of modules needs the layout directory inside it's view directory.

So...i'm still working on it.

thanks! pablo.

edited Apr '15

you can have a common layout, but you have to put it outside your modules. Define it in bootstrap where you register the view and no longer set it in each module

Look also here

Exactly, I was just writing the solution. I missed something when I wrote you. This is what I do in my other modules.

$view = $di->getShared('view');
    $view->setViewsDir(__DIR__ . '/View/');