Error during compilation time

Hello!

I've been trying to install phalcon along php 5.6 and it appears to install to compile properly but whenever I setup my nginx + php-fpm host it shows a 502 bad gateway only in the phalcon bootstraping index file. I tried to go deeper to se if it was an error of my php-fpm setup but I think its because this compilation error:

/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function 'pp_syntax_error':
/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:98723:0: warning: "TOKEN" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define TOKEN (ppminor.pp0)
 ^
/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:29228:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TOKEN (aaminor.aa0)
 ^
/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function 'vv_syntax_error':
/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116831:0: warning: "TOKEN" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define TOKEN (vvminor.vv0)
 ^
/home/ec2-user/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:98723:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

I've done this before successfully (the installation proccess) and never got something like that.

Update: I installed phalcon from the 2.0.0 zip and it now works properly, there must be something related with the 2.0.1 version in the git repo

+1 having the same exact issue, and resolved the same. This is on CentOS 7 fresh install.

Same here on Ubuntu. Can't compile the version 2.0.1.

/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function 'pp_syntax_error':
/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:98723:0: warning: "TOKEN" redefined [enabled by default]
 ^
/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:29228:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TOKEN (aaminor.aa0)
 ^
/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c: In function 'vv_syntax_error':
/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116831:0: warning: "TOKEN" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define TOKEN (vvminor.vv0)
 ^
/home/work_dir/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:98723:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 ^
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1
edited May '15

@stephane It means you don't have enough memory to compile Phalcon, try adding more swap to your system or compile from ext/

git clone https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon
cd cphalcon/ext
sudo ./install

Thanks for the quick answer, you guys are always fast on the forum. It works just fine now.

I suggest you should update the readme/compilation instructions on github, it shows:

git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/build
sudo ./install

@stephane Compilation instructions in the README are the recommended instructions

Something must be terrible wrong if some box runs out of RAM during compile....

@stephane It means you don't have enough memory to compile Phalcon, try adding more swap to your system or compile from ext/

``` git clone https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon cd cphalcon/ext sudo ./install ```