We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Missing useful features

Hi everybody,

I'm new to phalcon, migrating from major enterprise frameworks and finding the phalcon project concept very interesting. However I really miss some features, that discourage me from switching to phalcon for now. I would like to know if it is considered to be implemented.

• Custom resultset traits - this is the thing that I miss the most. First of all I would like to extend standard resultset class to perform some custom operations on collection. That would also be great if I could load the relations on collection, not on single row - let's say I have a collection of thousands of rows, loading relations to each row might be a serious performance impact (I assume it makes a db queries for each row to load relations)
  • subforms - I find it very useful as well. some form snippets that could be reused separately or within another form.
  • auth service - I miss a proper auth service, that provides an interface for choosing built-in or custom auth adapter, that does the job. I would also like to set storage for the session (for instance session, non-persistent). something like ZF/ZF2 way of implementing this service.

I haven't gone through the whole doc, so the list might grow (or decrease, maybe I missed something). For now I will try to come up with something by myself, but it would be nice if I already had it provided with framework.

Mate, I really understand you. I'd like my toasts jump into a toaster themselves too :) If anything is missing there, there is a Phalcon Incubator and Git you can open your NFR. What I do in such a case, I use available composer packages and Phalcon is perfectly compatible with Composer. Or I build missing bit myself. Relation thing you described above seems too specific for a general purpose framework.