So i guess some of us really want a Phalcon Conference to take place (this year!).
Let's start over, because in my humble opinion this thread is no longer updated to be relevant.
What we need:
- Up-to-date participation check
- How about resetting the previous questionnaire?
- New Date/weekend with best attendance
- Suitable location
- Hotel/Congress with nice facilities/accessibility
- Nearby sleeping accomodation for guests and speakers
- Catering: Snacks/food/drinks
- Subjects to talk about / Agenda
- Guest speakers / Showcases / Workshops
- livestream/recordings of the lectures for later use
- A Budget
- Sponsors (in different tiers)
- Website for conference details and people to sign up and pay or donate
- Special conference logo and design
I think we need a group of 3-4 (local) volunteers to set up the preparations. Anybody up for this? PM me so I can add you to a Google Docs for all specifics. Maybe some of the original initiators can help out?
Please only comment on-topic. I will update this topic-comment with important news
Note: I have never organised something like a conference. So any hands-on experience is very welcome! I live in the Netherlands. So if anybody wants to meet to discuss things face to face, that would be fine too.