We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Newbie Installing Phalcon for the first time

Trying to install phalcon for the first time on my mac (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5), I know there are other discussions that address the same issue, but I'm still having trouble:

sudo ./install

Configuring for: PHP Api Version: 20121113 Zend Module Api No: 20121212 Zend Extension Api No: 220121212 ./install: line 69: aclocal: command not found

The requirements state that you must have git installed and GCC complier, I am using php 5.5. I installed the command line tools in xcode for the gcc compiler.

Other discussions say I need libtools. I try libtools --version, and it looks like I don't have that and I try to install but not having success. Either please help install libtools, or find another way. Thank you in advance!

Accepted
answer

Ok, so I figured out what was going on. For anyone in the future having the same issue. I used brew. And made sure the following was up to date: Autoconf, Automake and Libtool

Example: to install one of the packages... I used the command: brew install Autoconf

I hope this information becomes useful to a programmer that wants to use phalcon on mac.