We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Multiple Memcache server support

I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to use Phalcon for our framework going forward. So far I'm loving the simplicity as well as the documentation. Speed is awesome, but without good documentation I'm less likely to use it. Regardless of the answer to this, we'll likely use Phalcon so this is more of a curiosity inquiry than anything else.

I was reading through the docs as well as the source for the Cache module Memcache. From what I can tell it does not provide a way to add multiple memcache servers. One of the things I will be doing in the future is setting up a distributed memcached system accross 3 servers. The way I would do this in raw PHP is by using the addServers method to add the three servers but I don't see a way to do that with the phalcon provided wrapper.

If there truly is not support for multiple memcache servers is there any plans to add it? My C is extremely rusty so maybe I can take a stab at it later on down the road after relearning C and just use my own php class for now.

On a side note, it looks like the Phalcon memcache module was based on the memcache extension, are there any plans to support the memcached extension, which provides a lot better support for errors and what not.

it looks like the Phalcon memcache module was based on the memcache extension, are there any plans to support the memcached extension, which provides a lot better support for errors and what not.

Phalcon (1.3.0) supports both memcache and memcached extensions.

If there truly is not support for multiple memcache servers is there any plans to add it?

Could you please file a NFR @ GitHub?